Opay Registration: How to Open an Account with Opay, How To Use Opay App for Payments, Sending and Receiving Money
Opay is a mobile banking app that can be utilized for various purposes among its purpose are sending and receiving money from any financial institution in Nigeria, buying airtime, paying for subscription services for cable TV, e.t.c, one unique feature of Opay is that; a user needs only it’s the mobile phone number to open an account and start transacting.
For this article, we would be looking through a step by step guidance on how to open an account with Opay alongside how to send and receive money using Opay.
Among all Fintech organizations in Nigeria, Opay stands out to be the best of all due to its popularity, and efficiency. The reliable services it offers are the main reasons for its success, up till date without any disruption.
Without further ado let’s go straight to the point and hit the nail on its head; below is step-by-step guidance on how to open an account with Opay.
Opay Registration: How To Create An Opay Account
- Android Users can head straight to the Google Play store and download the Opay, Likewise, Apple users can also download theirs on Apple App Store.
- Once you have seen the app, click on “install” and wait for a few seconds before it can be downloaded to your phone.
- After the Installation click on “Open”, once your app has been launched, click on the register button to sign up for an account.
- You would be redirected to a signup page where you would see columns, so you are expected to fill in by inputting your phone number and a strong password.
- Opay would require you to verify the phone number to prove that the phone number is yours, So an OTP pin would be sent to your line, which you are expected to input the OTP pin for you to verify that you are the rightful owner of the phone number you used in registering.
- Once you have successfully verified your phone number then you can continue by inputting your details to finalize the registration.
By following the above steps you have successfully opened an Opay account. Now let’s proceed over to using your Opay Account for utilizing payment functions.
How To Use Opay for Payments Functions
Using Opay for payment functions can be a seamless experience within a few taps you are done, the below steps would give you detailed guidelines on how to transact using the Opay app.
- Launch the application on your device.
- there are various buttons for utilizing this function on the application interface. If you want to send money, click on the “transfer” icon.
- Likewise, if you want to make payment for another service, such as cable tv, betting, airtime, data, electricity, etc., you are just required to tap on it. If the services of what you intend to pay for are not on the app’s interface you can click on the More icon.
- After selecting the services or the recipient you want to make payment to, you are now required to follow the prompt on the screen and input the amount you wish to pay.
- After that, you would be required to authorize the transaction by either using your fingerprint or inputting your transaction pin.
How To Use Opay App To Send Money
Sending money using the Opay has been made easy with the newly designed feature on the app, just follow the below steps:
- First of all, log into your Opay account through the app.
- After you have successfully login, you would see three icons immediately after the app’s header, one of them states “transfer” Click on it.
- After you have clicked on the transfer icon, you would be required to choose if you are sending to a bank account or another Opay account.
- Let’s assume you are sending it to a bank account. What you need to do is to choose the “other bank account” option, select the bank and input the recipient bank account number then click on “Next”.
- After that, you will be prompted to a page where you be required to input the amount you wish to send and a remark that you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click on “confirm”
- Authorize the transaction either using your pin or fingerprints.
How To receive money using the Opay app
There are various ways to receive money into your Opay account for this. I won’t be writing step-by-step guidance on this. I will just be listing how you can use it to receive money into your Opay account.
After launching the app, click the first among the three icons that state “add money”. You will be redirected to a page where you can choose how you want to receive money into your account.
Bank Transfer: if you choose via bank transfer, you can use your phone number as your account number to receive funds from another bank.
If you are going to choose the bank transfer method, remove the first number of your phone number, (0). The remaining 10 digits serve as your account number.
Top-up with card/Account: This option allows you to top up your Opay account using your credit/debit card. All you need to do is to input your card number, card name and CVV (The three numbers at the back of your ATM Card), and amount.
The bank account option allows you to top up your Opay account directly from your bank, to achieve this, you would be required to input your bank account number, amount and the BVN tied to it. You would be prompted to input the OTP pin sent from your bank to your phone, in order to authorize the transaction.
Bank USSD: With the options users can easily request payment and top up their account, by simply dialing a USSD code provided by OPay on the sender’s phone, this smart USSD code only lasts for about five minutes, users can select the amount and bank which they are debiting from.
Request Money From Others: This Option Allows Opay Users to request money from fellow Opay users, It works by granting the app permission to access your contact, it is now from your contact you would be able to choose which user you want to request from.
It is important to note that the person you are requesting money from must be an Opay User, (The contact must have an Opay Account). It is also within the discretion of the User to accept or decline your request, which lasts for only 24 hours.
Which bank does OPay operate with?
Opay is powered by BlueRidge Microfinance Bank.
What is the full name of OPay?
Opay’s full name is OPay Digital Services Limited, it is a company that was founded by Opera Norway AS Group.
Did OPay have a branch in Nigeria?
Yes, Opay’s Nigeria branch is situated at; Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way. Ikeja. Lagos, Nigeria.
What is Opay USSD Code?
“*955#” This code only functions properly, if you have an Opay account, you can equally carry out the same transactions, just that of the app.
Can other banks transfer to OPay?
Yes, Opay Accepts deposits from other banks, Users can transfer funds from third parties banks into their Opay account.